Here are some recent articles written by or featuring members of the BBI Benefits team.
- Health Savings Accounts as a Premium Saving Product for Employers (Construction Business Owner) – Describes using the HSA as a tool to reduce health care costs.
- More Company Benefits Come Under the Knife (Time) – Jim interviewed by Time Magazine for story on benefits cost reduction.
- Lower Health Insurance Costs via Risk Sharing and Self-Funding (Construction Business Owner) – Talks about smaller employers using self funding to reduce health costs. Specific techniques are examined.
- Morbidly Obese Employees and Health Care Costs (Benefits Pro) – Article describes the impact of obese employees on health costs and how employers are fighting this with wellness programs.
- Contract Considerations In Disability Insurance (Physician’s Money Digest) – Cautions physicians on the impact of “Own Occupation” definitions of disability insurance and suggests ways to maximize benefits per dollar of premium.
- CFOs Plan Benefits Cuts (Boston Business Journal) – Jim interviewed for 2010 article that discusses how CFOs plan to reduce cost of benefits.
- New Insurance Products May Revolutionize Health Care Costs (Thomson Reuters) – Edholm article about the introduction of tiered networks in Massachusetts.
- Edholm of Business Benefits Insurance, Andover, Named “Solutions Superstar” by CDHC Solutions Magazine (Newswires) – Jim is recognized by industry magazine for creative solutions to benefits costs.
- Law Firms Often Pay More for Health Care (Law360) – Discusses industry-based pricing that charges attorney firms more for health care. Alternative design approaches are suggested.
- How To Get Lower Long Term Disability Costs (Marketwired) – Discusses strategies to help employers lower their LTD costs.
- Is Your Dental Plan Stuck in 1985? (Marketwired) – Outlines changes in dental benefits and how the employer can assure up-to-date plan provisions.
- Long Term Disability Language Demystified (Marketwired) – A guide to correctly purchasing the correct group LTD policy.
- Controlling Health Premiums with FSA/HRA/HSA Plans (IndustryWeek) – Talks about employers using risk-sharing benefits to lower health care costs.
- Dental Care Employee Education is Crucial (Human Resource Executive) – Dental plays an important role in health costs and employee productivity. Proper internal promotion of dental benefits can be critical for employers’ health care costs.